Since 1923, we have proudly delivered excellence in clinical care to the Melbourne community.
Brunswick officially became a city. Textiles became a large industry in the area and by 1910 the population of Brunswick had grown to 10,000 people.
Vaucluse Hospital was started in a three bedroom weatherboard house as a seven bed maternity hospital.
A new wing was added to Vaucluse Hospital following purchase of an adjoining property, increasing beds to fifty eight. Adding medical, surgical, midwifery, and rehabilitation wards.
Vaucluse Hospital was purchased by Mr Prouse who merged the two existing buildings and created a new entrance.
Mr Prouse purchased the Cameron & Grainge property, adding services to include psychiatric. One hundred and thirty six bed capacity reached.
Brand new kitchen built to accommodate Meals on Wheels, sending out seven hundred meals each day throughout Brunswick and Coburg.
West Ward opened and maternity services reintroduced to Vaucluse Hospital.
Brunswick House Aged Care established on Davies Street (what is now Davies and South Wards), supporting low and high care dementia patients.
Vaucluse Hospital purchased by HealtheCare and transformed into a state of the art medical and rehabilitation facility.
Redevelopment of Brunswick Private Hospital commenced with refurbishment of rooms, expansion of East Ward, and the addition of a new front reception, patient gymnasium, and hydrotherapy pool.
South Ward opened with thirty additional beds, taking the hospital to a total capacity of 126 beds.